Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Surprising Postscript

One of the current board members who was not up for reelection this year suddenly announced her resignation, to take a salaried job with the district:
http://comment-blog.advance.net/cgi-bin/mte/mt-search.cgi?tag=Beth%20Graser&blog_id=3957. This means that the remaining board members get to appoint a new member of their choice to the board. I think they are planning to act quickly, as they gave less than 2 weeks between announcement of the vacancy & the application deadline. (I've heard various cynical theories about the timing and intent of this move, but would prefer not to dwell on negatives at the moment.)

I have applied to be her replacement. Coming so soon after an election, I think it's common sense that the board should listen to the voters when choosing their new member: in addition to losing my seat by only a tiny margin, I have significantly more votes than any of the other non-elected candidates, and in fact more votes than the winner of one of the other seats. So I think I would be the logical choice.

I'll update the blog if there are any further developments.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dear Candidate, looking for free creating for free
    For free website creation services, A place where you can Create Free Website no designer, no programmer, no hosting space is requires just only in three easy steps you can create your own website free of cost.

    ReplyDelete