Saturday, March 21, 2009

Call For Volunteers

As I continue recovering from surgery, it's time to think about doing some 'real' campaigning. Like I mentioned before, I'm trying to avoid the ugliness of campaign finance, PACs, etc, and run an old-fashioned neighbor-to-neighbor campaign.

But I can't do it all on my own. If you agree that I can bring new way of thinking to our school board, and would like to see me win, please consider volunteering to help out!

Here are some available volunteer positions:
  • Neighborhood Captains: This just means you are willing to print out some copies of my Press Release and go door-to-door in your neighborhood, helping to tell your neighbors why they should vote for me. Of course I'll be doing lots of door-to-door campaigning as well, but often people react better to a neighbor they know than a stranger at the door.
  • Sign Coordinator: Someone to shop around, figure out the cheapest way to get or make a bunch of lawn signs, and help get them put together. We're trying to keep the total campaign budget under $300 (otherwise we have to legally form a PAC), so the default professional sign services are probably not the best way to go.

If you would like to help out, either with one of the above tasks or something else I haven't thought of, please contact me: email erik@erikseligman.com, @erikseligman on Twitter, or call me at 503-312-1665.

Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment